People come to Simple Yoga from all walks of life and for many different reasons. The Simple Yoga community includes young and old, students, working folks, and retirees.
Simple Yoga is practiced by people who start out stiff as a board, as well as those who are stretchy and elastic. It’s embraced by people who are depleted and in pain, who need deep nourishment, and also by those doing vigorous, athletic yoga, who want to make sure that their practice has support.
Simple Yoga is appreciated by people with busy lives who require an accessible and efficient practice that helps them stay centered and lively. It’s also valued by those making a bigger commitment to yoga, who want a steady and flexible approach that has the capacity to handle a deep dive.
Perhaps it seems silly to list these different sorts of people who do this yoga, but they are all worth noting, because within this diversity, there are specific values that are held in common.
Below are some characteristics shared by people who do Simple Yoga. If you can see yourself in one or more of the following descriptions, it’s likely this is something that’s worth your time.
- You’re looking for something that engages your whole self: yoga that is not just the practice of postures, not just the stillness of meditation, not just the awareness of breathing. You’re looking for yoga that combines these elements in a balanced whole.
- You appreciate the information your body has to offer. You seek a relationship with your body that’s not determined by images and expectations of how bodies should look. Instead, you are interested in using awareness of your body as a way to be more fully present.
- You want to find a practice that is both challenging and nourishing: challenging in a way that is supported and present rather than overwhelming, and nourishing in a way that invites growth into new space rather than just playing it safe.
- You value the guidance of a clear structure and a knowledgeable teacher, and you also value being able to develop self-reliance.
- You have curiosity and an open attitude toward different ways of viewing the world and different beliefs. You seek a practice that supports a sense of connection with what’s around you and inside you.
To learn more about Simple Yoga: go here